Soroptimist week 1-6 July 2020
Welcome to the Icelandic Soroptimist Week 2020.
Explore Iceland together with your Icelandic sisters in the Club of Hafnarfjordur and Gardabaer. Share the Soroptimist spirit in the wonderful Icelandic nature. Soroptimist sisters are most welcome to bring companions, husbands, children and friends.
A very important purpose of this week is to welcome foreign Soroptimists in Iceland and share the soroptimist spirit in this fund-raising project of our club. All work contribution during the week is done voluntarily by the Soroptimst sisters in Hafnarfjordur and Gardabaer. The sisters will be cooking your meals and joining you on the trips and other events.
This is the 15th week that is organised by the Club of Hafnarfjordur and Gardabaer for fund raising purposes. One of our main charity projects is a rehabilitation center in Krýsuvík and a part of the programme is a visit to the center.
Programme 1 July to 6 July 2020
- 1 July Arrival – get together evening
- 2 July The Golden Circle – Þingvellir, Gullfoss, Geysir, a green house
- 3 July Snæfellsnes – west coast
- 4 July The South coast - waterfalls, glaciers
- 5 July Bessastaðir, Reykjanes peninsula, Krýsuvík – farewell evening
- 6 July Departure